8th ePIXfab Silicon Photonics
3 - 7 July 2023
Ghent University - Belgium
Here you learn
A perfect blend of
fundamental and advanced topics
Get an impression of last year’s Silicon Photonics Summer School
ePIXfab’s 8th edition of the silicon photonics summer school
will be held at Ghent University-Beligum
The school will be held from 3-7 July 2023
Download the school program in a few weeks from now
Lectures on fundamentals in silicon photonics science and technology, and its emerging applications.
An exquisite lineup of renowned experts in the field will deliver comprehensive lectures covering fundamental and advanced topics.
Poster session to learn, share and network with peers and the experts
The school will organize a poster session where the participants are encouraged to introduce themselves, their expertise, and their project.
How did the earlier participants rate the school?
Based on the feedback from the hundreds of participants from the last six editions of the school.
How will you benefit from the school?
Geared towards industrial and academic participants, ePIXfab silicon photonics schools go all the way from fundamentals to the latest developments in the science and technology of silicon PIC design, fabrication, assembly and testing for ever-growing applications of silicon photonics.
20+ top-notch lectures by experts from across the globe
A detailed list of all the confirmed speakers will be published soon. Stay tuned!
One-hour tutorial-style lectures with an extensive Q&A
With adequate time for an interactive discussion with the lecturers during the school
Comprehensive coverage of basic and emerging topics
A delicately balanced program covering full spectrum of topics in the field of silicon photonics
Scope and Audience
FOR INDUSTRIAL & ACADEMIC PARTICIPANTS
to bring mastery to the beginners and raise the excellence of the experts
AIM OF THE SCHOOL
deep dive into the latest trends, hot topics & recent/upcoming technological developments in the field
INTERACTIVE & ENGAGING PROGRAM
Social events to share, learn and discuss with peers and experts
- Introduction to silicon photonics
- Passive components in Silicon Photonics
- Laser integration in Silicon Photonics
- High speed modulators and detectors
- Silicon Photonics Value System
- Design Methodologies in Silicon Photonics
- Integration of non-III-V materials with Silicon Photonics
- Mid-IR silicon photonics
- Silicon Photonics platform development (technology level)
- Non-linear silicon photonics and frequency combs in silicon photonics
- Programmable Photonics
- Electronic-Photonics ICs
- Optimization for silicon photonics design (Machine Learning and other approaches)
- Sub-wavelength silicon photonics
- MEMS Photonics
- Applications enabled by laser integration in silicon photonics
- LIDAR in silicon photonics
- High-speed transceivers in silicon photonics
- Microwve Photonics and Photonics for 5G/6G Networks
- Quantum applications in silicon photonics
- On-chip silicon photonics interconnects
- Neuromorphic optical systems and AI in integrated optics
- Scale-up routes for manufacturing of silicon nitride photonics ICs
- Sensing for life science applications
More speakers to be announced soon
University Rate (ePIXfab members)
University Rate (non-members)
Non-University Rate (ePIXfab members)
Non-University Rate (non-members)
- No extra fee for credit card payment.
- 50 Euro extra fee for bank transfer.
- All fee categories are increased by 200 Euro after the early bird registration deadline of 1 May 2023.
Send an email to info@ePIXfab.eu for fee payment via bank transfer. Fee payment by bank transfer will cost 50 Euro extra.
“The ePIXfab Silicon Photonics Summer School is a fantastic occasion to learn all you ever wanted to know about Silicon Photonics! Tutorial style presentations from renowned experts cover all relevant aspects of Silicon Photonics, addressing the underlying physics, technology implementations and successful applications, and providing a glimpse at emerging technologies for future photonic integrated circuits! The topics are carefully selected to give a well-rounded program, and the speakers provide lectures of outstanding quality, all in a relaxed atmosphere giving ample of opportunity to make new connections and to chat about new ideas!”
“The Silicon Photonics Summer school offered me a truly amazing learning experience! I got an opportunity to attend the lectures from world’s leading researchers in the field of Silicon Photonics. The school allowed me to interact with the lecturers and other students to discuss my ideas/challenges related to PhD studies. It was perfectly an international environment and the professional contacts I made are highly valuable. Besides lectures, the summer school offered entertaining social programs, and the overall organization was excellent.”
“I have had the pleasure to attend two times to the ePIXfab summer school. It is an excellent opportunity to meet a combination of the best top-level researchers and refreshing early-career professionals and students. A must to periodically foster your photonic IC career. “
I’ve had the immense pleasure of attending and giving a lecture at the ePIXfab silicon photonic summer school in 2018. The school was superbly organized with important topics covering devices, packaging, applications and new opportunities in silicon photonics. This is also an excellent avenue for students to interact with experts and be inspired! I will surely encourage my students to attend this meeting.